Executive Director Position
The Covington – Tipton County Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated professional to attract new business and support the growth and development of existing business in the Covington and Tipton County areas. The person selected for this position will be responsible for clarifying, communicating and implementing the mission of the Covington – Tipton County Chamber of Commerce (“the Chamber”). He/She will serve as a community leader developing and maintaining relationships with area and state leaders in both public and private sector, as well as, advocating for new business in the area. He/She will work closely with the Board of Directors to focus the Chambers priorities and balance the needs of its members while maintaining daily operations of the Chamber office.
· Identify Chamber and community needs, design a program of work to meet these needs and evaluate the program periodically with recommendation for change, as necessary.
· Under direction of an annually changing Board of Directors, maintain continuity and consistency in operations and programs.
· Ensure the By-Laws are followed and assist the Board, committees, members and staff in interpretation of By-Laws in relation to any given question or program.
· Develop the Chamber budget and relate it to program goals. Maintain expenditures within the framework of the budget and prepare monthly financial statements and ensure they are audited annually.
· Location, design and maintenance of the Chamber office that will provide efficient operations and present an attractive front door for Chamber members, the community, and visitors.
· The ability to motivate and inspire volunteers.
· Maintain and expand membership.
· Employment of all staff, staff supervision, and evaluations. Develop and conduct on-the-job training, conferences and seminars to develop and maintain operations at peak efficiency. Enforce Chamber policies and procedures.
· Act as a liaison with the Board of Directors, Chamber members and the community.
Ø With the Board of Directors – Earn and maintain the respect and confidence of the Board. Prepare a meeting agenda for monthly meetings, maintain meeting minutes and records, carry out plans and programs of the board according to policies, initiate new programs for consideration by the Board and keep them informed regarding status/results.
Ø With Chamber Members – Motivate members to support, personally and financially, an aggressive Chamber program, analyze and interpret the needs of members and recommend revisions to improve service to make membership more valuable, entertain suggestions, proposals and requests and put them into action, when possible, consistent with fundamental objectives and policies of the Chamber.
Ø With the Community – Help shape the community through personal contacts with community leaders. Relate Chamber activities to the activities of all other groups in improvement of commercial, industrial and civic life of the community. Represent the Chamber in meetings of local, state and national organizations. Constantly strive to develop a better public understanding of the purpose, functions and value of the organization.
· Bachelor’s Degree in some type of business or marketing related study
· Experience in a similar position at a Chamber of Commerce is preferred
· Previous management experience required
· Proficient in the use of internet, social media and Microsoft office
· Strong leadership skills and ability to speak to individuals at all levels in an organization
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, directors, members and community leaders
· Professional presence and public speaking ability
All interested candidates, that meet the above qualifications, should forward their resume to Sherrie Yarbro, Chamber of Commerce President, at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22nd 2019.