Comprised of more than 260 members, the Covington – Tipton County Chamber of Commerce has proudly served the Covington-Tipton County business community since 1957.
The Covington-Tipton County Chamber of Commerce unites and energizes the business community to improve the success of our Members by shaping public policy, providing networking, supporting educational opportunities, and encouraging business and community development, as well as tourism development.
Individual is responsible for general bookkeeping functions, including the preparation of monthly financial statements, as well as adhering to and maintaining the organization's financial policies and procedures.
Works directly with Executive Director to implement and use system of accounting for financial transactions by using established chart of accounts and verifying records with Chamber CPA periodically.
This position answers directly to the Executive Director.
This position requires 20-25 hours a week. The hourly rate will commensurate with experience. Benefits include a Christmas Bonus and an additional Bonus, if team meets Membership growth and retention goals.
– Adhere to and implement federal, state, and local legal requirements, filing reports, and communicating with Executive Director and Chamber CPA on needed actions
-Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
-Handle bank and general ledger reconciliations, prepare the trial balance and financial statements, including, but not limited to, balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows
-Maintain historical records by filing documents
-Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends
-Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, including collections
-Completing monthly, quarterly, and year end close, on time and in an accurate manner
-Performs other duties as assigned and assists with administrative tasks as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
-Associates degree or higher in Accounting or Business preferred
- A deep understanding of accrual and cash basis of accounting
- Proficiency in bookkeeping
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience required
- Ability to multitask and communicate effectively with individuals of all backgrounds
- Capable of analyzing financial data and quickly creating accurate reports
- Capable of working independently with minimal oversight and as a team
- Highly organized, attentive, has a sense of urgency, flexible and able to deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Proven flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and job assignments
-Must pass background check and/or drug test
-Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
Cover letter, resume, and list of professional references should be submitted to:
Lauren Fletcher, Executive Director
Covington-Tipton County Chamber of Commerce
106 West Liberty Avenue
Covington TN 38019
Position will remain open until the final candidate is selected. No phone calls please.